ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Assist patients who are dropping off or picking up prescription orders.
- Accurately and efficiently preparing prescription orders.
- Create and update patient’s health and insurance information (profile in the computer).
- Providing quality customer service to patients and other healthcare providers.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the community and pharmaceutical fields that relate to job responsibilities and integrate them into practice.
- Enter prescription orders into the system.
- Assist pharmacist with filing and labeling prescriptions.
- Replenish shelves daily from excess stock and make note of low inventory for reordering.
- Verify that customers receives correct prescription(s).
- Prepackage bulk medications.
- Compound mixtures or medications (e.g. oral suspensions, tropical ointments and/or creams).
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the community and pharmaceutical fields.
- Receive ordered stock and assist with packing of new goods received.
- Assist with filing prescription.
- Performs other duties which may be assigned by the pharmacist or supervisor.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions above, this position may be required to perform a combination of other supportive functions, to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of Fontana Limited.
Other: In order to properly service our clients, you may be required to work outside of our scheduled business hours.
- Timely execution of duties in keeping with pre-arranged schedule.
- Care and diligence in protecting the organization’s assets
EXPERIENCE; EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATION
- Associate Degree or Certification in related field from a recognized tertiary institution
- At least 2 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Must be certified and trained
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- A positive attitude to continued learning
- Must maintain confidentiality of customers information
- Ability to work in a detail oriented manner
- Extensive knowledge of pharmacological terminology
- Great attention to detail and carefulness
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding customer service orientation
- Must be able to verify the prescription and setting the price based on insurance information
- Expert in mathematical calculations
- Proven ability to follow written instructions and specific directions
- Working knowledge of the procedures and standards used in labelling and dispensing medication
- Must possess a high level of accuracy
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to find solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate (verbal, listening, writing) and manage well at all levels of the organization and with other team members
- Must be detailed oriented and a multitasker with superb organizational skills
- Must possess a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Willingness to demonstrate lateral service and support in a cooperative and pleasant manner for the overall good of the company.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills, extremely collegial
- Active Listener
- Outstanding communications skills, written and oral
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and good judgment
- Self-motivated; Hands-on, leads by example
- Show enthusiasm with customers and other team members
- Values diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to detail
- Integrity/ethics beyond reproach
- Constantly looking to apply best practices
- Predisposition to mentor and subsequently increase responsibilities as team develops