The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance
of the position:
● Auditing receival invoices before sending to accounts
● Coding and receiving invoices for processing
● Managing items on layaway
● Providing temporary relief to Cashiers in all departments
● Providing temporary relief to Receptionist
● Assist with the maintenance and replenishing of Toners
● Creating codes for requesting store as is required (Savanna Lamar, Ocho Rios, Kingston)
● Storeroom relief in absence of Storeroom Supervisor
● Receiving and coding of invoices
● Performing stock adjustments from cashiers
● Transfer goods in and out for all locations based on request
● Pricing of local goods
● Conducting manual stock checks and adjustments on a daily basis
● Verifies entered customer and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data; combining data from both systems when account information is incomplete; purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
● Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry.
● Enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms
● Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
● Assist in other departments when necessary or requested
● Assist auditors on a yearly basis with regards to random stock checks, which is usually
done within the month of July.
● Store completed documents in designated locations.
● Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions above, this position may be required to perform a combination of other supportive functions, to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of Fontana Limited.
- In order to properly service our clients, you may be required to work outside of our scheduled business hours.
- Timely execution of duties in keeping with pre-arranged schedule.
- Care and diligence in protecting the organization’s assets
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- Considerable physical activity. May encounter heavy workloads and long working hours.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
EXPERIENCE; EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATION
- Associate Degree from a recognize institution
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar capacity
- Trained & Certified in Data Entry (would be an asset)
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be flexible to: -
- Work on weekends
- Work on public holidays
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Database management skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Clerical, word processing, and/or office skills.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate (verbal, listening, writing) and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Must be detailed oriented and a multitasker with superb organizational skills
- Must possess a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Willingness to demonstrate lateral service and support in a cooperative and pleasant manner for the overall good of the company.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills, extremely collegial
- Outstanding communications skills, written and oral
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and good judgment
- Self-motivated; Hands-on, leads by example
- Values diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to detail
- Integrity/ethics beyond reproach
- Constantly looking to apply best practices
- Predisposition to mentor and subsequently increase responsibilities as team develops